Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Strawmen Fighting

I posted and laughed at a strawman yesterday, so it follows that one of the blogs I frequent had to post about Sheryl Crow as a typical example of crazy conservationist hysteria.

I started this blog as a forum to discuss politics in a reasonable fashion, without any of those logical fallacies so common in too many forms of media. Under the auspices of humor, I posted the daylight savings = global warming strawman and had a little joke of it. I would say that The Daily Show uses strawmen in a similar way (albeit far more effectively), but is pretty darn clear that they are using humor and a plethora of self-deprecating commentary. What kills me are the people who build their careers on strawmen, with complete and utter seriousness.

No comments: